The latest residential security installations are becoming more advanced by the day. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform basic security duties like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things again? When you implement geofencing in Myrtle Beach, you can just leave the driveway and make your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Myrtle Beach For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to share information with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and designate particular actions when you cross the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you leave your driveway, you may program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your property’s security system in Myrtle Beach. With the ADT Control app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the CO detector trips. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Myrtle Beach
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (843) 310-1682 or send in the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.