How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Myrtle Beach
Home security cameras can solely be installed as a deterrent—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras are armed with an array of additions all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these additions help you to have the most from security cameras in Myrtle Beach.
How To Set Up Your Myrtle Beach Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is placing the components in the proper spots around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in common areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear scene of your porch, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places inside your home that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component location is only the beginning in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Myrtle Beach. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your phone anytime strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and save clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone via the unit. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect single locations within your home.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Myrtle Beach is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (843) 310-1682 or submit the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.