Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Myrtle Beach? Normally, there are three significant sectors of your property for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Although your provider is able to suggest where you should begin, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a burglar would try to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You can also count package thieves among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is ideal to manage these types of worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you have the ability to speak with people who come and press the button. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with two-direction audio and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a person attempts something criminal, you will have your camera automatically record a clip and deliver it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging task. Fortunately, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure you’re well protected.
- The corners of your Myrtle Beach home allow for a better sightline, seeing two parts of your property.
- Position underneath an overhang or directly into a piece of cladding or edging are perfect spots for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by your home.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more likely passageway for intruders than you may know!
- Above a deck or sliding door -- or any doorway not visible from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, make sure you trim away any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your property in Myrtle Beach. That same flexibility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the sunlight from a window can cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Just like an observation deck, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will produce a more panoramic view. You might situate your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Place your devices in a spot where little ones and house pets have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top video camera won’t help you much if you have a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your entire property -- protecting every inch. Just call (843) 310-1682 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.